BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Rounding Question: Calculated Area

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've done a search on the Forum for this topic and found a couple of posts that I've already tried their solutions, but to no avail. Thus, why I'm posting this question.

ISSUE:
The Calculated Area for a Schedule is not Merging Uniform Items. One grouping is showing the correct amount, however two others are calculating extra amounts.

CHECKED:
Project Preferences - Dimensions
Project Preferences - Calculation Units & Rules

The units are hotlinked modules and I've also checked each unit to verify that they are following the same parameters in the main model file. Yet, still one grouping is showing the correct area value of 274, while the other two are calculating a little more. When looking at their individual files the values are showing up as 274. So I am at a loss of WHY these hidden square footage amounts are still finding their way into the schedule.

In the screenshot the first "correct" value has one unit at 274
2nd has 4 units, which should calculate to 1096, instead its 1098, thus an extra .5 sq ft
3rd has 3 units, which should calculate to 822, instead it is 823, thus an extra .3 sq ft

Individually - the modules when tolerances for dimensions are set beyond "0" are showing discrepancies, but I don't think that should cause the model schedule to separate them when their rounded values are the same.

Thoughts, suggestions?
Thank you.
0 REPLIES 0
Learn and get certified!