BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Rounding up to user defined intervals

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all , l'm very new to AC 22 new expressions feature and was wondering if there is a way to round up to a user defined length/number

Say if you had a plasterboard sheet length at a given length and you wanted round up to standard sheet sizes (user defined intervals)
13 REPLIES 13
poco2013
Mentor
Attached is a Expression property file. Referencing Beam Length and a schedule.
Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Wow thanks mate. I wasn’t expecting you to do it for me but thank you so much for doing so. i feel with your many responses on expressions in this forum you should be on AC’s payroll. thanks again and thank you Archicad-talk
poco2013
Mentor
Ooops---

Double checked and I think I made a small error. I returned 6000 mm if length was greater than 6000 mm, SHOULD be just the actual length,

Attached is revised expression
Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27
ChrisB
Participant
Ozi,

No problem…you’ve got to go with the method that works best for you.

However, one thing to make you aware of…

Gerry’s formula makes it’s calculation based on the beam property ‘Length Left’. This isn’t a problem if the beam is horizontal but will give inaccurate actual real world beam lengths when inclined, as ArchiCAD cuts the ends of the beam to suit the incline specified. The rounding up element will compensate for this most of the time but when an actual beam length is close to a round up figure, the beam could end up short. To overcome this problem, use the property ‘3D Length’ instead.

For other interested parties, alternative beam property attached (beams over 6000mm are rounded up to the nearest 600mm)
AC16-24 Solo (latest version)
OSX 10.15.6 - MacBook Pro 16" 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 - 64Gb DDR4 - AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB
Learn and get certified!