BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

SCHEDULE CHANGES IN PROPERTIES DEFAULT VALUES

gdford
Advisor
Properties can have default values.
These default values can be overwritten in a schedule.
When a default value is overwritten the "link chain" icon in the object properties shows to be broken.

Is there anyway to schedule objects by the status of this property default value "link-chain" being broken?
I do not see an available property that logs this information.
Gary Ford
Self Employed - Modeling, Estimating, Construction
Archicad 12-26
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
3701 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
3 REPLIES 3
You will get better answers if you specify whether you are trying to use the Default property as a criterion to include or exclude elements from the schedule, or merely want to display something like "Default" in the schedule rather than an actual value. There isn't a built-in property for "default vs. non-default" to my knowledge, but you could easily add one more property which could be an Option Set of Default vs. Non-Default and used as a selection criterion, or you could add an expression-based property to display something in the schedule based on your default. What are you actually trying to do?
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
gdford
Advisor
When you create a new property you can define a default value for the property. If you then schedule or autotext this property you will see the default value. This is also true for an property that has an expression. For properties with expressions the default value of the property is the result of the expression. If you open the selection settings for the object that has property assigned to it and scroll down to where all the properties for the object are listed you will see a chain to the left side of each property. If the property has an unbroken chain then the property value contains the default property value or if the property has an expression the property value contains the result of the expression. If the chain is broken then the default value or the value of the expression has been changed. For example if you schedule the property and change the value in the schedule then the chain will display as broken. This is true for properties with expressions. The value of the expression that has been scheduled can be changed in the schedule. It seems odd that this is possible as doing so corrupts point of using the expression. This is analogous to breaking a calculation in a spreadsheet by entering a value in a cell that is displaying the result of a calculation. Archicad knows if the default value of a property is broken or not, thus the visual image it gives us of a broken or unbroken chain icon. My question is - can i test for this condition and schedule a list of properties that have a "broken chain" in order to validate the integrity of the expressions.
Gary Ford
Self Employed - Modeling, Estimating, Construction
Archicad 12-26
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
3701 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
poco2013
Mentor
gdford wrote:
My question is - can i test for this condition and schedule a list of properties that have a "broken chain" in order to validate the integrity of the expressions.
FYI - ONLY
AFAIK _ There is no attribute available in expressions to test for this condition.
However, he attribute 'isdefault' is available within the API for Add-Ons which may give you what you want? If you're familiar with API programming and want to go there, you may want to post in the Developer section for more details?
Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27
Learn and get certified!