I'm facing trouble with quantities in schedules. It's also possible everything is the way it should be, only I use the tools wrong way, but this is the problem:
In my case quantities are not always shown the same way. There are problems with the composits and profiles. For example when the profile consists from more than one part, the schedules count this profile not as one element but list all the pieces which is profile made of. This happens only when you list the profiles at one specific layer. If you list the elements from multiple layers this dosen't happen. Similar thing happens with the composites. When you'd like to count the composites from only one or two layers the schedules dosen't list the number of comopsites but multiply this number with number of skins in this composite.
Please let me know how can I fix this problem.
But I'd still like ti use composites and profiles in the future
Thank you very much for the question and I am very sorry about the experience!
From the screenshots, it looks like the listed criteria are not the default parameters, but custom properties, is that true? I'm wondering if you could share the file with me for a closer look? Please let me know if you need a secure place to upload the file also. Thank you very much!
I've made a new test file from scratch. Now everything is set to default. I've made two walls with custom IDs. First is made with a profile and second with a composite. Profile is made from 5 elements and composite from 3 layers. The problem remains the same.
In the schedule list from only one layer the profile is listed 5 times and comopiste 3 times. In another schedule from multiple layers the elements are listed only once.
Please see the files in the attchment and *.pln file at https://we.tl/t-H3Dz6ZzhQT
I hope you can solve this problem.
Thank you very much
Firstly you have set up 'Component' schedules, so they will attempt to list the components of the elements.
One (the 'Error' one) is searching for the 'Layer' criteria, so it is listing every component that is in that layer.
The other one ('No Error') is not searching for the layer criteria. I don't quite understand why this would make the schedule not show the individual components though - as it is obviously still filtering the same elements.
If you want to schedule the entire element as one item, I would use the 'Element' type schedule.
One of the forum moderators. Versions 6.5 to 25 Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10 Dell Precision 3510 - i7 6820HQ @ 2.70GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro W5130M, Windows 10
Thank you very much for your help. I didn't quite get the idea about differences between components and elements. Maybe because of my english. In slovene language there is no meeningful differences between those two words. But the symbol picture speaks for itself. I understand now.
Thank you very much for the file and the explanation!
As Barry mentioned, if you need to list the composite/profile only as a single element, Elements schedules is the one to use. I have no explanation why adding Layer as a criterion would change the outcome of the Component schedule. Therefore I added it into the defect database for further checking.
Once again, thank you very much for bringing up the topic. Have a great day!