Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Saving IFC Files From the Plan Window via a publisher set

Is it possible to force AC to save IFC files from the plan window that save elements of the entire building when using a Publisher Set to automate the task. The project is subdivided into 7 files based on element types.

I can do this manually for the whole building, but want to run this at night.

Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Aaron Bourgoin , you can try to make all floors marquee around the whole project and save as IFC, i do for quick DWG save.

AC 27 INT 5003 - AC 26 INT 6019 ( For MEP Purposes )
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB

Thanks Mahmood, I don't think the Marquee will help. I can Crete 3D views to automate the procedure, but thought I should be able to do the same thing from the plan window. I have 7 files to Crete each time and want to do this unattended.

Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
pedrocollares
Enthusiast

You may add your 3D views which generate the IFC's to a publisher set directly from the view map, using the Organizer. I always have my IFC's as part of a publisher set.

I'm not sure I understood the issue regarding saving elements of the entire building, you're able to configure your 3D view to show specifically what you intend to save.

Architect / BIM Manager at IDEIA1 - www.ideia1.com.br
Archicad 26 / Windows 10 64