Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Saving from 8.1 to 8.0

Anonymous
Not applicable
In earlier versions of ArchiCAD eg 7.0, it was possible to save an archive project in a lower version. This is now not possible in 8.1. I would like to save down to 8.0 to be able to share with my collegues who are still using 8.0.
Any ideas?

John
4 REPLIES 4
Dwight
Newcomer
The purpose of an archive is to guarantee permanence of library parts by encapsulating them with the project file.
In future, opening the archive also opens a special library with object elements contained in an independent library folder.

Solution:

You will share your file by saving it as an 8.0 project and sending it to your stooges.

You will save your 8.1 file as an 8.1 archive and re-open it, sending the tidy library it makes to your colleagues separately. Instruct them to specify this library when opening the file.
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
But wait.

Are you certain that they can't open an 8.1 archive?
While th edition did move forward, did the file format change?
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight,

Opening an 8.1 archive in 8.0 is not possible. You get the usual message, "unknown document version "

John
Dwight
Newcomer
Well, as the Adam Sandler character said to the Philip Seymour Hoffman character in "Punch Drunk Love" :

"That's that."

I guess you'll try the "separate save" idea....
Dwight Atkinson