BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Saving to R14 dwg

Erika Epstein
Booster
I am having trouble concisitantly saving to R14 from both AC and plotmaker. Once in a blue moon it works. The same drawings from either convert perfectly each and everytime to with the R2000 translator. I've been through the various settings. What am I doing wrong?

Also,
Why when I "publish" the dwgs and it tells me all went well, does it not really convert properly? Yes I can open the dwgs in ArchiCAD, but when I check them in Voloview Express, they don't open. If I can't open a dwg in Voloview Express, the consultant on autocad can't either.

Thanks
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a similar problem. I publish from PM to Acad R2000. I check the .dwg before sending it out on ACAD LT 2002 on Virtual PC. I often get a "FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading ...." SEM when the drawing is 93% open.

Any ideas? Thanks
Djordje
Ace
Peter wrote:
I have a similar problem. I publish from PM to Acad R2000. I check the .dwg before sending it out on ACAD LT 2002 on Virtual PC. I often get a "FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading ...." SEM when the drawing is 93% open.
Use the Recover option in AutoCAD. Usually works.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Erika Epstein
Booster
Peter & Djordje,
Following a bug report, Jeffry Corrubias of US tech support saw I did not have a good installation of 8.1 despite having done several clean installs. At his instruction I cleared cache per his report #699 and then did another clean install of 8.1. I ran another bug report and he confirmed 8.1 is now installed correctly. I am now more successful than not saving out R14s and this also resoved a other few anomalies I was experiencing with text and saving pdfs etc.
Erika
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Learn and get certified!