BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Saving to dwg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

Consultants have called and told me that the dwg files converted from archicad 15 had a different origin point than a previous dwg file I had created for the same project.

I would like to know if there is a way to pinpoint the origin point when converting? My origin point is the same on my file from the beginning. Is there a setting under the DWG conversion?

Thanks,

Matt
2 REPLIES 2
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Matt,

The origin is controlled within the project. There are no settings within the translator to control the origin point.

If you like send an email to the technical support dept. for your region and we can look into it in more detail.

Best regards,
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanka Ncornia,

That's what I thought. I figured the origin point is already controlled within the project from the plan view and should be the same each time I convert a dwg file. I didn't understand when the consultants called and said the points where different with the updated files to the previous file I had converted. The DWG translator was the same. I thought it was a fluke, but two consultants mentioned the same thing to me.

Thanks, I will send an e-mail to the tech support

Matt
Learn and get certified!