Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Saving to previous versions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone!

I'd like just suggest that is there anyway to have a possibility to save a project in any version we need in Archicad? Let's say I have a project in Archicad 21 version. I need to share it with my assistant who has an anterior version (17 or 16) due his computer configuration or I don't know. At this time, it's a long process to save this project with 20, 19, 18... till the suitable version. Otherwise we need to have all of these versions installed on our system.

More friendly
4 REPLIES 4
Eduardo Rolon
Hi rlalason,

I moved your post from the topic to this one.
Short answer is that saving to multiple past versions is not feasible without GS spending a lot of extra time to support versions that are 3-5 years old. Without going into particulars how will Version 16 will handle the new stair tool or AC Properties? In this case GS will need to expend resources to create a translator a test it so that it can in just one step jump 5 versions and be compatible. The procedure of "chain-saving" lets GS be more efficient and as you save backwards you will see what info is being converted to objects and what is being lost if anything.
If you need to work with someone using 5 year old software then what you need to do is use the same version as him/her. GS makes this easy since your license will let you run all previous versions.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
i did not know that your licence lets you run any previous AC version
Anonymous
Not applicable
The situation is much worse in Revit land, Revit cannot save back at all.

Scott
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!

Great thanks for all ur replies. And i noticed that Revit has a same problem.