BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Scale of External Drawings

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am making several sheets that have external PDF files on them. When I place the PDFs via File>External Content>Place External Drawing they come in fine, but they have an arbitrary "scale" to them like 1:74.6 (just an example). Obviously when this PDF is something like a spreadsheet or something that isn't actually a drawing, it doesn't need this scale. This isn't a problem except when I make a drawing list for our cover sheets which lists all the sheets and the scales of drawings on those sheets. Is there a way to make the scale of an external drawing not show up in the drawing index?
7 REPLIES 7
Eduardo Rolon
Not that I know off. The quick dirty trick is to draw a white fill over the part of the schedule that you don't want to be shown. The other option is to create 2 drawing lists one without the scale (for PDFs, Perspectives, etc) and one with.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Does unchecking this help?

Cheers,
Link.
Include.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
Does unchecking this help?

Cheers,
Link.
YES it did! Thanks, that has been driving me crazy
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Great glad it worked. I think it is just new in ArchiCAD 18 if I recall correctly.

Cheers,
Link.
Eduardo Rolon
Link wrote:
Great glad it worked. I think it is just new in ArchiCAD 18 if I recall correctly.

Cheers,
Link.
Learning something new…
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yay, been asking for that for years.
Bypass Autotext request 2006
Link