BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Schedule Information Resources

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey

I'm new to using Schedules and was just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction of some good resources for setting up Schedules.

What I am wanting to achieve is have a client go through a Microsoft Excel form with preset choices of finishes and have them select that.

I then want to Zone each room in the house and name them and then import the Excel data and collate everything in a finishes schedule. So the schedule will show floor finishes, walls, Any appliances specified and more info. Is this even possible?

Any help would be much appreciated
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
A.C. will export to Excel, but don't think you can propagate A.C. schedules with Excel unless that has changed lately.
I'd love to be wrong about that.
You can check out schedule tutorials here:
http://www.graphisoft.com/ftp/publishing/ac13_help_INT/Files/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?c...
Barry Kelly
The zone stamp is an object so it could be used to read information from an external file (Excel) and then place that information into parameters in the zone stamp.
But reading info from external files can get a bit tricky.
The schedules could then be set up to display those parameters.

You would need to know a bit of GDL in order to amend the zone stamp scripts.
You would also need to be careful with the location of the Excel files because if they are in different folders then you will need to tell each zone stamp where to find the file. It is possible to do it automatically if the Excel file is stored in the same location as the PLN.

It is not something you should tackle unless you are comfortable doing a bit of GDL scripting.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!