BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Schedule Jumping Text Around

toman311
Enthusiast
I am setting up a schedule for a 2D ArchiCAD construction document. Usually I draw them in a spreadsheet, then link them to the file. This time I tried setting up a schedule in an Interactive Schedule and set up Custom text under the General Parameters. I then changed the Criteria to something that opens up some rows so I could manually enter in the text. Everything worked fine, except when I was jumping from window to window in ArchiCAD. Somehow I hit some button which caused all of my text to slide down 14 rows. Now I have all of these blank rows before my text. I don't understand what happened and the Interactive Schedule settings won't let me undo it either. I don't want to retype all of this. The only work around I see is if I clicked the "Merge Uniform Items" checkbox, which would put all of the empty cells into one empty cell. I could then just move the row line up so the cell is as small as possible. Still, I would rather just get my text back where it was. Does anybody know how to do that? Really, just being able to add and remove rows and columns like an Excel spreadsheet would be helpful.
>ArchiCAD 23, 7000 USA FULL

>iMac, 27-inch, 2020, Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7, Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB
1 REPLY 1
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
But what does the Schedule actually list?
It can display rows only if there was something to list based on the criteria.
Then each row actually represents an element in your ARCHICAD project. And when you enter values in those cells, then the corresponding parameters of those elements will be set. So that data is not lost.
Unless I misunderstand something.

ARCHICAD Schedules are completely linked to the project database. You cannot treat them like an independent spreadsheet into which you can just place data. I know other programs like Revit and Vectorworks let you do such things to various degrees, but it is not possible to do in ARCHICAD.
Maybe the best way would still be to do it in Excel, then save the Excel as PDF and place that as a Drawing in ARCHICAD. Whenever the Excel changes, you resave the PDF and update the Drawing in ARCHICAD.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!