Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Schedule Tutorial??

Anonymous
Not applicable
I need to create door and window schedules for my current project. I have not yet used ArchiCAD's door and window schedule making features.
First, I just need to create schedules that show scaled (measured) elevations of the doors and windows.
Can anybody direct me to a tutorial or give me some tips on getting started creating doors and window schedules?
Ideally, I would like to create schedules that are automatically upgraded when the doors and windows are changed in the model.
Is there a way to create door and window schedules that upgrade automatically from the model?
Is there a way to create a schedule that works bi-directionally with the model?
Thank you,
John

Basically I'm trying to automate(as far as possible) the tedious task of producing door and window schedules. Has anyone managed to crack this?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks...
6 REPLIES 6
TomWaltz
Participant
Listing is not bi-directional. The Interactive Schedule is bi-directional and a LOT easier to use. Have you tried that one yet?
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
The Interactive Schedule is bi-directional and a LOT easier to use. Have you tried that one yet?
Not yet Tom, but thanks - will try that - was attempting to make use of the element listing tool.
Karl Ottenstein
Mark wrote:
The Interactive Schedule is bi-directional and a LOT easier to use. Have you tried that one yet?
Not yet Tom, but thanks - will try that - was attempting to make use of the element listing tool.
Hi Mark,

I discourage you and anyone else from trying to do window/door/etc schedules with the list format tools unless you asolutely must have computed fields included which cannot be accomplished with the IS.

The (interactive) schedules are for one-to-one (one element, one entry) and many-to-one (many entries identical in the selected field values to one line) type schedules and have many benefits beyond their 2-way and visual nature.

The list schemes are for one-to-many type schedules (e.g., a wall generates all of the building components that comprise it). They can also do the 1:1 and many:1 type tyings, but awkwardly. More computation is possible with list schemes, but it is painful. Documentation is in the provided PDF 'Calculation Guide' (which for some reason does NOT include the interactive schedules)...as well as Eric Wilk's recent book (search the forums).

There are lots of short tutorials with screenshots in these forums - need to play with the 'search' function. Hopefully, we'll eventually get some of those onto the archicadwiki as technotes, etc....

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Karl - haven't had much luck with it as of yet, will keep bashing my head against the wall... in the meantime I have plenty other work that has higher priority than this issue - was just hoping someone would give me all the answers (me being lazy mostly )

cheers!
Although for AC9, you might have a look at THIS.

Most of it is still relevant.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Everyone,
Along this line of thought, is it possible to link
2d symbols (General Detail symbol from the library)
to the IS? I have plans from another office that are
only 2d and rather than build it into 3d and insert
doors & windows for generating a schedule, I want
to quickly stick in a 2d symbol and generate a schedule.
One more step would be to combine the info from
the 2d symbols with the info from the 3d symbols into
the same schedule using the same call outs/ tags so
that the resulting information lines up in the same columns.
(ex. window size appears in one column, window finish is in
on column, etc.)
Again I'm sorry to be long winded about this. Thank you
for any help.
Matt K.