Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Schedule area calculations

Tom Krowka
Booster
Am trying to add area quantities from zones in a schedule. They are on two different layers. Am trying to get the schedule to total up the area for each layer, then add the two areas together. Can't seem to work it out. See the attached pic.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Tom
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Add the "flag" to Layer.
Tom Krowka
Booster
Nope. Not it. See the snapshot. Adding the flag only totals each area individually, which is not much help.
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Try to make "Layer" the first field (first column in the generated Schedule). All settings the same.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Tom Krowka
Booster
Lazlo....thanks. That worked . Now to add one more kink. Is it possible to break it down farther?

Separate also by heated, unheated, and numbers that start with 1, then numbers that start with 2, So I would have four categories, then all totaled at the end. Not crucial, I can live with this solution but was wondering.

Thanks Tom
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I don't think this is possible. In Schedules there is one Subtotal (defined by the Flag icon) and there is one Grand Total (defined by the Sum icon).
You will notice that when you want to activate the Flag icon for another field as well, the other Flag icon disappears. So there can only be one Flag icon active at any time, so there can be only one level of Subtotal.
Would be nice, though. If you create a wish for it, I will vote for it.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Tom Krowka
Booster
Am glad I didn't spend too much time trying to work it out.

Tom
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com