Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Schedule export to Excel and return to Archicad

Tom Krowka
Booster
Have exported a finish schedule that includes areas & perimeter to an Owner. .XLSX file. They intend to complete the schedule using Excel. Is there any way to import that Excel file back into AC and still keep the areas and perimeter dimensions linked to the imported spread sheet?
Thanks TK.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
4 REPLIES 4
sinceV6
Advocate
Hi.-

Sure!
But depends on the data and how you are thinking to display or keep linked in AC
Read here:
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/135510/

My best bet would be that you link both your data and theirs into a spreadsheet that you control and format how you want, and bring back into AC as PDF.

Best regards.
Tom Krowka
Booster
My problem is that room areas and perimeters might change so while the PDF method is easy....it's really not accurate in the long term. Have followed the export via classifications method, but have set up properties so that I can select any item as long as it's included in the checklist for that classification property. The Owner adds something in the exported file that's not one of the property values and I can't import it. Seems like no easy way to do this.

TK.
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Eduardo Rolon
Tom wrote:
My problem is that room areas and perimeters might change so while the PDF method is easy....it's really not accurate in the long term. Have followed the export via classifications method, but have set up properties so that I can select any item as long as it's included in the checklist for that classification property. The Owner adds something in the exported file that's not one of the property values and I can't import it. Seems like no easy way to do this.

TK.
Trick is to create Properties for the owner to fill in then you'll get the info back.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Tom Krowka
Booster
Am planning to do just that. Also am going to include properties A,B, C, D, that they can designate. those will translate back into AC, then I can just add a text legend for those values on the layout. Can't think of any other way to accommodate unknowns.
TK.
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com