BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Schedule - its possible to have an ID's list in the same cell?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey! Does anyone knows if it's possible to have, automatically, a list of ID's, for windows/doors that have the same dimensions, all in the same cell?

Usually, you have one ID for multiple windows that have the same W x H (like in the image 1).
But, if you want to have unique ID's for all the windows but in the schedule its appears the Dimension as first parameter and then a list of window's/door's IDs (like in the image 2).

Thanks!!
6 REPLIES 6
Barry Kelly
Short answer - no.
Unless you add a custom field and type them in manually.

If each window has a different ID (although they are identical windows), the schedule will treat them as unique items and will list them separately.
Only by taking out the ID field will they become identical and then you can merge them and add the custom text field to manually add the IDs.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
fuzzytnth3
Booster
You can create an IFC Property that has a rule that takes your Element ID and adds either another Property and or adds "static text"

So for example we identify our Doors using a combination of the Room Number plus the "Door Inventory number" (which is a Library Part Parameter) all with an IFC Property that we can schedule and Label in the floor plan

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZ1BfN7ZvXe68rn4UakJDwRFHlHDKRoNtLAk
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Anonymous
Not applicable
fuzzythth3 I managed to create the IFC Property like you have in your image but I don't know how its possible to get the IDs in the same cell.

Although, these IFC Property can be a huge help in the future for other purposes. Thanks!!
fuzzytnth3
Booster
Re-reading what you are trying to do, you can't get a Schedule to do what you want. As soon as one of your fields displays something different for a window, in this case the unique ID. ArchiCAD will list it as a separate item.

In my example we wanted the all the Doors to be listed separately. In another schedule we Listed the Doors by Elevation Type and Archicad merged the matching Doors and gave us a total number of each Door Elev. Type but we deleted the ID field.
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Leire Bilbao
Booster
I was looking for exactly the same option... Is there a wish for this?
Putting them manually looks like a nightmare when you have 60 items of each type...
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Guys, make a wish for this and I will submit it to GRAPHISOFT.
It would be a useful feature.
If you make the wish, please post the link of its thread here.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!