Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Schedule of Surfaces won't work in AC23 or AC24...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

it seems that the Schedule of Surfaces no longer will let me use any created parameter.

If the parameter is used to filter :
Nothing will be find and describe by the schedule

If the parameter is used as part of the schedule ("describe") :
Elements will be found but the parameter will be noted as "--" in the schedule

It did work perfectly in AC22 ... Any idea why or how to make to fix that ?
6 REPLIES 6
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Could you please post a screenshot of the Scheme Setup Dialog which shows both Criteria and Schedule Fields?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry my screenshots will be in French...

If used in Elements Schedule it does work (Parameter is "Services")
If used in Surface it doesn't Work : ("Services" parameter won't work )
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
What is this "Services" parameter that you are trying to schedule? Is this an element Property you created in the Property Manager Dialog? In my Archicad 24, I see that there is no such parameter available by default.
All I can see from your screenshot is that "Services" is a Text type parameter.
And yes, from your screenshots I can see that it returns a value when used in an Element Schedule, but no value when it is used in a Surface Schedule.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
The "Services" parameters is Text Parameter I created my self. (It can be used for all kind of elements).

I do a lot of Offices, and i need to specify the "services" for a lot of stuff, such as zones, furnitures and partition
Barry Kelly
KaitenPower wrote:
The "Services" parameters is Text Parameter I created my self. (It can be used for all kind of elements).

I do a lot of Offices, and i need to specify the "services" for a lot of stuff, such as zones, furnitures and partition

I can confirm (tested in 24) that a string property returns no value when used in a surface schedule.
I am not sure why as all other (at least lengths and number properties) seem to work fine.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi all,

Thank you very much for your reports and I am very sorry about the issue!

This is a known defect in our database (please refer to it as DEF-1835). From AC23, the Surface schedule cannot handled string properties correctly, they will be shown as "---".

The workaround here is to use Element schedules instead, but I can see that in some cases, this won't be possible. I hope that we will be able to correct it in the near future!

Thank you for your understanding, and once again I am very sorry for the inconvenience!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT