Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Schedule of fills grouped by zones

Scott Bulmer
Booster
I have created a schedule of fills that tallies their areas, however I would like to indicate which zone name each fill or multiple fills reside within. Please let me know if this is possible. For instance the Zone Name of 'Cannabis Storage 1' has the fills 'Drying' and 'Harvested Cannabis Storage', and so on. Please see the attached images. Thank you, Scott
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
5 REPLIES 5
Marc H
Advisor
Hi Scott,
Have you considered another zone 'level'? I often have a 'group' zone on one layer (or could be a filter selection) and 'room' zones on another layer (or in a separate filter selection). Its a bit more up front work in model and criteria management, but it provides several benefits, including the scheduling calculations you are looking for.

In your case, the fills would instead be zones, too. They could be called 'workspace' level zones. Then, the larger zone would be the 'group' level zones. The group level zones can respect walls (or not, depending on what determines the group).

I don't work as much with fills, though I sometimes turn on hatching on in my zone settings along with the category color to differentiate one to another of the same 'level'.
“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Thank you Marc. I am hoping the schedule can be made simply by using the zone name and fills within that zone. It should be noted that the fills occupy only a portion of the entire room/zone. Please see the attached screenshot of the desired result.
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
Marc H
Advisor
I'm not sure how it would work with fills. One reason to use another layer of zones is because they accept custom fields from the Property Manager and accept color and fill settings. You can add a grouping field and insert the "parent" zone name to which they belong. Perhaps you could make the element ID syntax for the fills to include a group prefix for your schedule criteria.
“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors
4hotshoes
Advisor
I tried this by creating a zone with three fills contained within. The Fills used the Element ID as a tag for the fill. The schedule will list the Fills with their Areas but I cannot associate the Fills with the Zone they are in. It seems that Zone tool does not recognize any fills (2D) within it. It may be possible to us the Floor Tool to create the fill (3D). However, I have not been able to get the slab tool to recognize which zone it is in.
Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
4hotshoes
Advisor
I got something to work with slabs (with surface fill and unique element ID) inside of a zone, But the slab need to be in the Zone vertically as well as horizontally. I used the Label Tool to list the Element ID and area of the selected slab. Zones are yellow and Slabs are blue. Apparently, Zones can only "see" 3D elements.
Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)