Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Schedule of objects - impossible to annotate previews?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

I would like to make schedules of the furniture in a project directly from our model. This is ArchiCAD 20 INT.

The furniture has been made from morphs turned into into GDL-objects, and I have set up a schedule that lists the objects with ID, 3D axo, front and side views.

I need to annotate these previews with dashed lines and measures to give the necessary details. But when I press "Annotate" the element preview window shows just a grey shape, with no contour lines, so I have to guess every mouse movement. And nothing I annotate seems to become visible in the schedule. After clicking "OK" to save the annotations, I return to the schedule with no changes visible. However, when I click "annotate" again, the annotations are still there.

Another problem is that the previews seemed to display as a simplified version of the 3D surfaces. Can this be changed or overridden somehow? Black/white would be ideal.

Do anyone have experience with this, or solutions? I would really like to use the model functionality of ArchiCAD to produce drawings easier, and if that doesn't work, I might just as well be working in AutoCAD.
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
123abs wrote:
Another problem is that the previews seemed to display as a simplified version of the 3D surfaces. Can this be changed or overridden somehow? Black/white would be ideal.
To lose the colour you need to set up a Graphic Override combination that turns the background fill pen to transparent (0).
Then make sure you save your schedule view with this GO combination.

I didn't seem to have any trouble with the annotation.
I could snap to nodes and add dashed lines so I am not sure what is happening there for you.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
123abs,

Could this be a graphics card driver problem? In any case you can update your graphics driver to the latest version just to get that possibility out of the way.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy, Barry Kelly,

I'm not sure which of these fixed the issue. I reinstalled the newest graphics driver, and nothing changed initially.

But then I enabled a new graphical override for cover fills of all elements (not just objects) before I made a new identitcal schedule, and that seemed to fixed the issue. Don't know why it affected the dimensions and annotations, but now that works as well.

Thanks!