Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Schedule question

Tom Krowka
Booster
Any way to set up a schedule so it will do the following:

One column will have ID nos. of a particular object.
The adjacent column will have the quantities of that particular object on the plan.
A grand total of all objects would be nice, but not necessary.

It seem the scheduler will do either columns or rows. What I need is a column of objects, then a row to do the quantities.

If that is not possible, (which is very disappointing) then is there any other way it can be achieved in AC? I do not want to count these objects manually on the drawings. There is too many of them, and I know I'll count wrong.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
8 REPLIES 8
Interactive Schedule:

General Tab: Element type=Object (plus any others; name, etc)

Fields: ID and Quantity, both from the General heading. For the quantity item, click the second button until it says sigma. Not sigma prime, not blank.

Is this what you're looking for?
objectlist.png
James Murray

Archicad 25 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Karl Ottenstein
Folks in general: please post anything to do with scheduling (which is in the Calculate menu, right?) in the CALCULATE forum. Not picking on Tom...this has happend a bit this past month or so.

Read the forum descriptions before posting and try to post to the appropriate forums. "Working in ArchiCAD" is described (index page) as "Modelling and drafting in ArchiCAD" ... Scheduling has nothing to do with this. 😉

Thanks!

Your cheerful Calculate (and Developer) forum moderator... who cannot move things from here to there, only from there to elsewhere. 😉

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
TomWaltz
Participant
I really hate when something I thought could not be done turns out to be so simple...
Tom Waltz
Tom Krowka
Booster
Thank you all.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Karl wrote:
who cannot move things from here to there, only from there to elsewhere. 😉
At the risk of going intolerably OT, that doesn't make sense. Each forum is stronger if the stuff that should be there, is there. Stuff that shouldn't be there can be ignored. Moving that stuff strengthens the correct forum where it ends up, less than the Calculation (e.g.) forum which is actually your jurisdiction. Tom's question is stranded where it can't help others.

(Whoever can move this to the Forum Related Issues forum, be my guest. )

Trying to get Karl even more power,
James Murray

Archicad 25 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
TomWaltz
Participant
I can see the argument for a moderator to only be able to control their own forum, but at least they should be able to COPY a post to their forum from another.
Tom Waltz
Djordje
Ace
TomWaltz wrote:
I can see the argument for a moderator to only be able to control their own forum, but at least they should be able to COPY a post to their forum from another.
If anything is urgent, Karl knows my private email, as do many of you ...

But, it would be MUCH better to take care where you post. Not all of us know everything - that is clearly impossible - so people tend to look only in the forums they specialize in. So, if you post in the wrong forum, and until I log in, notice it, and move the post, your problem might be unresolved.

Read first, then post.

For the Forum rules, please post a wish to the Forum related section, addressed to the Administrator
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
TomWaltz
Participant
Djordje wrote:
If anything is urgent, Karl knows my private email, as do many of you ...
Is there really such a thing as a Posting Emergency? 😉
Tom Waltz