BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Schedules in AC 23 Problem

drh64
Contributor
I upgraded a project and now I cannot change data entries in any of my schedules. Anyone else having this problem?
10 REPLIES 10
This usually indicates that the entity being scheduled is on a locked layer. I'd check the current layer combination to make sure whatever is being scheduled is unlocked.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
drh64
Contributor
Thanks but all layers are turned on and unlocked. It worked fine in 22 but after upgrading the file it is not working.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep, having the same kind of problems here with Finish and door schedules... weird non-sensical behavior of some locked and unlocked doors and zones.. Suspecting it might be affected by teamwork? Regardless.. clearly it's not working as intended. Also cut and paste of the simplest things is taking forever.
drh64
Contributor
It resolved itself on my files after a few days.
Barry Kelly
When you select an item in the schedule, keep an eye on the 'information' details at the bottom of the settings.
This should tell you what is happening with that element.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I just created a new "custom text" column for a generic schedule. I can't edit any of the fields, though - information is saying "Element is locked" and "Element is on a hidden layer". How do we unlock / unhide these elements? I've created and edited custom text columns in the past with no such problem. File is stand alone by the way (not Teamwork).
Barry Kelly
You are probably using a 'View' to open the schedule.
The settings of that view contain a layer combination and it probably has the layer turned off.
The schedule will still show the elements but they will be locked.

Set a different layer combination for the schedule view - one that shows all layers.
Or view the plan with the layers on that you want and then use the Project map to open the schedule - this will use the current layers yo have on and not those of a layer combination.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
AEismann
Participant
Having the same problem here, Archicad 23, so far can't fix with with layer setting etc'. even more than that a lot of times AC23 just crashes when trying to edit those zones. We are second half of the year and this is still an issue.
AC23 NED 7000 | AC24 NED 5000

Win10 | i9-9900k | 32GB | RTX 2080 Ti
Barry Kelly
AEismann wrote:
Having the same problem here, Archicad 23, so far can't fix with with layer setting etc'.

What does the information panel say?

AEismann wrote:
even more than that a lot of times AC23 just crashes when trying to edit those zones. We are second half of the year and this is still an issue.

Have you sent off the bug report?
Keep a copy of the bug number and contact your local support quoting that number and ask them if they have any idea what was causing the crash.

Also are you running the latest update?

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Learn and get certified!