BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Schedules, zones and REQUEST

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello.

Trying to make new zone stamp that includes and makes some additional information for zone listings. There is a problem though:
-When inserting information to zone through schedule, the REQUEST doesn't work.
I have this in my master script:

REQUEST ("Zone_relations", "", zone_name, zone_code, name, number)
PARAMETERS user_name = zone_name
PARAMETERS user_code = zone_code

space_code = ""

IF user_code <> "" THEN
	space_code = user_code
ENDIF

IF space_type <> "" THEN
	space_code = space_code + "." + space_type
ENDIF

IF room_number <> "" THEN
	space_code = space_code + "." + room_number
ENDIF
PARAMETERS space_code = space_code

As you can see, the script gets the user info from zone category and adds then additional information (if it exist) to the space code which will look like this:
123.456.789 (user_code.space_type.room_number)

It works well when working on floor plan.
However the REQUEST doesn't seem to work properly when inputting something through schedule. The first parameter (user_code) is missing so it looks like this:
I can get it back only after i go to floor plan and update zones and then update the schedule again.

Question is: could there be any workaround for this? How does the schedule run GDL master scripts or is it? It seems somehow because the other two (space_type and room_number) updates correctly. Is this a bug or something?

Thanks!

EDIT: Okay, just found another "bug". If I change the category of zone, it WILL NOT UPDATE until I open the tool window. It doesn't update when updating zones in floor plan nor in schedule. How is it possible?? Doesn't ArchiCAD run master script of zone stamps correctly? Or am I missing something?

EDIT2: Okay. This is getting absurd. If I move the Zone Stamp over another zone than it belongs to, it gets the REQUEST information from UNDERLYING zone, not the zone the stamp belongs to...
And the updating seems to work totally random... If I change the zone category in floor plan, the stamp doesn't update - even when using "update zones" command. When i change it again, the stamp updates - BUT to the category that the zone was BEFORE. Now when I update the zones, it updates it right. So I have to change the category twice before the "update zones" command works. This thing is killing me...
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
The way to have the stamp return the requested info is if the stamp is a separate object that is placed within the zone.

I used to use this as a work around to have zone stamps at different scales show different info and have different positions, need to used model view options to hide zone stamps because if layer of the zone is turned off the stamp object will return no data.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok. The problem is that ArchiCAD doesn't run master script correctly every time change is occured. If I change the zone category in floor plan, it runs and the request works fine. But if I change anything in schedule, it doesn't run. (AT LEAST THE REQUEST-FUNCTION DOESN'T RUN...)
Is there any logic in this?
Katalin Takacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear kamelisko,

Unfortunately this workflow is not supported in zonestamps at the moment. This is typically developed for door and window markers. The Interactive schedule runs the GDL script only when additional parameters are modified.
Katalin Takacs
Learn and get certified!