Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

Scheduling Slabs

Are slabs (used as building masses in a Master Planning Study) able to be read by a Zone? It doesn't seem to be working and I'm baffled as to why a Zone can't itemize slabs contained entirely within them.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly
Aaron wrote:
Are slabs (used as building masses in a Master Planning Study) able to be read by a Zone? It doesn't seem to be working and I'm baffled as to why a Zone can't itemize slabs contained entirely within them.
I don't think the slab knew which zone it was in before, but they do now in 24.

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=26946&p=322174&hilit=zone+slab+schedule#p3...

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Podolsky
Ace
Yes, this is known problem - slabs are not seen by zones. I had such a problem - I needed to model floor and ceiling and make schedule of them in relation to rooms (i.e. this room - this floor type and area, another room - another floor type etc.). So I was not able to do it!
The only solution I have found - use roof with 0 inclination instead of slab.
I can imagine this happens because originally ArchiCAD was designed the way that you need to extract floor type and area from zone tool. But that was ages ago - when 3D models was not so detailed (and couldn't be).
Thanks Podolsky. Hey GS. Please change this. Placing roofs is more cumbersome than placing slabs. Especially when you're using slabs as something other than a slab.

Morphs perhaps?
Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Podolsky
Ace
I don't think morphs are the solution. For example you need to place a floor that is composite - floor finish, underfloor hearing electrical matt, some resilient layer... Morph cannot manage this - because it cannot give you area in plan and thickness of the layer. It can give you only volume...

In general I think that is would be a great idea to have floor tool - separated from slab. As it happens in Revit.
Solution
Barry Kelly
Aaron wrote:
I don't think the slab knew which zone it was in before, but they do now in 24.

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=26946&p=322174&hilit=zone+slab+schedule#p3...

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Thanks Barry, will recommend migrating the project in question from v22 to v24. straightaway.
Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1