BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Scheduling with new Column Tool

Anonymous
Not applicable
I created a simple pier footing w/ Sono tube using the new Column tool functionality.
I wanted to create a schedule of these pier footings.
I can not seem to find the "field" for the thickness of the bottom of the column (footing).

It has been years since I have been on the forum...I can not see how to attach a screenshot. (There it is down below)
6 REPLIES 6
Barry Kelly
Does it help if you change your criteria element type from 'Column' to 'Column Segment'?
I have not tried scheduling these new columns and beams yet, but I know you can schedule the individual segments.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you barry for the idea. I found the criteria of Column Segment" under ..more.

That produced a different row for each "segment". For me, that is not what I wanted. Also, I still could not get the Thickness (or Height) of the lower segment to report in the schedule.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You can use the "3D Length" Schedule Field to generate the segment length of Column Segments.
By the way, you can use the combination of the Parent ID and Element ID fields so you always know which segment of which Column it is.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the 3D length field help. My issue is that I do NOT want the Pier Footing separated within the schedule, with rows for the Footing (lower column segment) and a row for the Sonotube (upper segment).

Using the Element Type Criteria as "Column" The 3d Length is the complete height of the Footing and Sono tube.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Sorry, I don't know any way that would make it possible to list in a Column Schedule a Column Segment geometry parameter.

The only thing I can think of is to create a Property for the Column, which would be a Length type Property, enter for its value the value you have specified for the thickness of that Column base, and schedule that value.
Of course, this is not automatic, you have to specify the value manually, and if that Column base thickness value changes, you have to modify the value of the Property as well.

Not very BIM-like but at least you can schedule it.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the help
I may continue to model the Pier footing base and the Pier "stem" Sonotube/Pilaster separate. It was nice to have them as one part with the new Column tool, but I would rather have the values automated.
It was a nice idea while it lasted.
Learn and get certified!