BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Screed edge calculation

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone I'm searching to automate a task in my office that always takes me a long time.

I'm trying to calculate the linear meters of screed edge strip boards but I do not need to have them in the drawings.

I have made a single slab to represent the screed for each floor and all the slab materials have inferior priorities to the wall materials. This way the walls section the screed.

I would like to calculate the linear meters of intersection between the slab and the walls with a schedule. is it possible or is there any other way that does not imply to model de screeds in 3d?

Tanks in advance
1 REPLY 1
Podolsky
Ace
If you need to calculate screed edge length - you need to model this edge. Automatic extraction doesn't work in this case - you literarily need to redraw all floor for each room.
Maybe it's easier to model skirting to get the right number.
Or.
You can use zones for room perimeters. Skirting length = Zone Net Perimeter - Doors Width. Just make new expression based property.
Learn and get certified!