Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Sea level / reference level

Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I am trying to make a schedule for the piles foundation. I've modelled the concrete piles with collumns, using the sea level to determine depth. I would like to show the top and bottom elevation to sea level/reference level, however I can only show this to project zero or home story that I am aware.

I can of course make a property and fill that out manually or a dummy text field in the schedule, but this kind of defeats the BIM aspect of things.

Anyone got any bright ideas for this?

Making a dummy story for sea level is not an option, as this is the Netherlands and the building is below sea level , meaning I would have to make a fake level above ground floor, which will mess up the whole model.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
7 REPLIES 7
Karl Griffith
Booster
You should be able to select the section line, and modify the reference level as shown. There is a similar setting in the dimension tool, for elevations. Unless I misunderstand the question...

Looking at the topic, I see I did misunderstand the question....
SL1.jpg
ArchiCAD 22

Win 10
Karl Griffith
Booster
So, looking in Schedules, in Scheme Settings, I see the same options, including Sea Level.
ArchiCAD 22

Win 10
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I do not have the option in my list for schedules... I shall investigate!
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Right, they were added in ArchiCAD21, which doesn't help me on ArchiCAD20 project.
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erwin wrote:
I am trying to make a schedule for the piles foundation. I've modelled the concrete piles with collumns, using the sea level to determine depth. I would like to show the top and bottom elevation to sea level/reference level, however I can only show this to project zero or home story that I am aware.
I tried to reproduce your case, you are right the schedule reports only to home story and project zero. Alhough it would be nice to have sea level and reference levels info, elevation from project zero and height are sufficient information, for construction purposes, if you define correctly your project zero. Project altitude can take negative values. Project zero is a point on ground. Project Altitude defines the distance of project zero from sea level. In story settings the elevation values are from project zero. Your ground floor some times is a little elevated from ground some times up to 1.5m. You can put negative stories for basement and foundation. Use reference level 1=Ground floor level and reference level 2 for floor finish.

Setting up your project this way, The elevation from project zero of the column will tell you a correct depth from ground surface, and in conjuction with the height your construction info will be sufficient.

Regards
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I respect your opinion, however in this part of the Netherlands we have piles foundations that go down 20 meters in the ground to find a layer of sand to build on. That is ussually some 20+ meters below sealevel. The project zero is determined to sea level as well and the contractor needs to know this for determining the length of the piles. The 'head' of the pile needs to be cut to reveal the steel reinforcement to make a foundation of concrete beams that supports the building.

This field of subcontractors works with sea level, so I need to schedule out sea level. It's best to not rely on their ability to do basic math
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erwin wrote:
I respect your opinion, however in this part of the Netherlands we have piles foundations that go down 20 meters in the ground to find a layer of sand to build on. That is ussually some 20+ meters below sealevel. The project zero is determined to sea level as well and the contractor needs to know this for determining the length of the piles. The 'head' of the pile needs to be cut to reveal the steel reinforcement to make a foundation of concrete beams that supports the building.

This field of subcontractors works with sea level, so I need to schedule out sea level. It's best to not rely on their ability to do basic math
The same theory stands here. If project zero=sea level then altitude=0
in story settings place again your story elevations relative to project zero=sea level. use negative stories for basement and foundation.
Positive stories does not mean that they are above sea level or project zero. so your foundation story will be-20 your basement will be -9 your grounfloor -6, 1st floor -3

1st reference level put the elevation of your groud floor so -6
2nd reference level the elevation to ground floor finishes -5.9

So schedule your levels to project zero and change the header title to sea level.