BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Select multiple columns in a schedule

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

It happens quite often that I need to select objects by parameters that only exists in schedules in order to apply changes to these object at once.

Is there a way to select multiple columns in schedules in order to display the objects of the selected columns in the 3D window?
5 REPLIES 5
Eduardo Rolon
Yes and No.

The 2 buttons on the schedule in the attached image lets you select in floor plan (left button) or 3D window (right button) all the objects that are grouped in that cell row.

So as long as all the objects you need to change are groped together (Merge Uniform Items) then you will be able to do what you want. The trick I use sometimes is to have temporary schedules that I edit to get the objects to merge.

In your case I would create a temporary schedule that filter "object type" and "custom parameter" and use that to select them.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Would a saved setting for Find & Select work? There are quite a lot of parameters you can add to the search criteria.

You could also look into the element ID to label it according to a system of naming rules (you would have to think of these yourself, of course).
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
ok, so the answer is no But indeed, those are handy workarounds. In this case I had user defined schedule parameters so I guess they are unfortunately not available as parameters when creating a new schedule or using Find & Select.
Eduardo Rolon
The parameters might be available in the schedule settings though you will need to spend sometime looking for them.
Screen Shot 2014-08-05 at 8.10.50 AM.png
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Eduardo Rolon
and then start digging…
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Learn and get certified!