Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Send-Recieve Icon...still "RED" after I send/recieve

rob2218
Enthusiast
Can someone explain why the 'send/recieve' icon is still red even after I did a send/recieve on the teamwork file 6 times??? I did a SAVE, I did a "send/recieve" I did a "RELEASE ALL"???

I've noticed that there is a lag time from when you say "send/recieve" to when that little red house actually goes grey?

Send-Recieve-red-small.jpg
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
6 REPLIES 6
Try to "Send" then "Receive", then again "Send", then "Save", and see what happens.
Mac OSX 13.6.4 | AC 26 INT 3001 FULL
rob2218
Enthusiast
Yes, have noticed that the "send receive" button for some reason doesn't actually quite get that 'red' house out of the way.

it appears you have to do multiple send/receives, then save, then send again...and so on for it to finally realize that you did the latest actions.

it's a bit odd. Don't know why this is. seems like theres a software lag time as to when it acknowledges that you have the latest database in your copy and vise versa.

thanks for the tip.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
Something is totally wrong with this command... I have actually stopped using the send/receive command altogether. Avoided since a lot of bugs and crashes.
Mac OSX 13.6.4 | AC 26 INT 3001 FULL
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
My understanding is that the Red House icon merely shows there are unsent changes in ~your~ local copy of the project.

To refresh it, I simply Send Changes (or Send & Receive) then Save. This seems to sync it - and take the redness out.

Then you can just Close the Project or Exit.

Next time you open/join, it shouldn't be red. If it is, try hitting F5 to refresh it.

Cheers,
Link.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I also noticed your use of Categories.

I've set ours up as Project Folders and kept the project phasing in the name. This is because as part of our QA process we review our our projects at each milestone, archive it, and reshare the next phase.

Not necessarily better or worse, just different.

Cheers,
Link.
gkovacsp
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
After a Receive is complete ArchiCAD has to refresh the project, do some maintenance on it. Sometimes it modifies/updates information, which seem to be a Change, so it claims there are unsent changes.

Sometimes a send fixes it after S&R, but there are times when this doesn't help either.

It means ArchiCAD makes a mistake and if it still indicates unsent changes after a Send (or two sends), then you are in this situation. You can Close the project without loosing any data.

Of course we can call this a bug and it should be fixed. It is already on the list and this sensitivity continuously evolves, it is just not there yet.

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!