BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Shared File Rename

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you have shared a project file, but then want to rename, is there a method? BIM server Manager does not seem to be able to to this and the user cannot rename from best we can tell?
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Already got a reply,

Currently you cannot rename the project directly. For now, to rename a project you must re-create the project in one of 3 ways:

A. Create a Manual Backup in the Server Manager; then Roll-back to this manual back-up and tell it create a new project; at this point you can rename the project.

B. From Server Manager, Export the project as a .BIMProject; then Create>Import from file to bring the project back in; at this point you can rename the project.

C. From ArchiCAD, save the file as a .PLN and re-share; at this point you can rename the project.

Of course in all 3 cases everyone will need to join the the newly created project.
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Stan,

thank you for posting the possible alternatives. Starting from ArchiCAD 18 we will offer a purely server side functionality to rename any Teamwork projects.

Cheers,
Marton
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Marton wrote:
Stan,

thank you for posting the possible alternatives. Starting from ArchiCAD 18 we will offer a purely server side functionality to rename any Teamwork projects.

Cheers,
Marton
Hi Marton,
I just want to make sure I got this right... When I rename a TW-project everyone needs to re-join!?
/Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Mats_Knutsson wrote:

Hi Marton,
I just want to make sure I got this right... When I rename a TW-project everyone needs to re-join!?
/Mats
Hi Mats,

starting from ARCHICAD 21 re-join is no longer necessary. Users still will be required to reopen the renamed project, but the local cache of the project will be kept and relinked to the new name once the project is reopened.

m
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Marton wrote:
Mats_Knutsson wrote:

Hi Marton,
/Mats
Hi Mats,

starting from ARCHICAD 21 re-join is no longer necessary. Users still will be required to reopen the renamed project, but the local cache of the project will be kept and relinked to the new name once the project is reopened.

m
That's great Marton. Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
Learn and get certified!