Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Siding in section

Anonymous
Not applicable
This isn't a major issue, but it would be nice to have the siding of exterior walls displayed as overlapping, appearing to be more realistic and easy to distinguish from the sheathing and air gaps.

So how do you go about doing that? Surely there exists a better way than manually drawing them in the section window...
3 REPLIES 3
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
Alex,

Pretty sure that the wall coverings in ArchiCad don't give this detail but the CadImage Coverings add-on does provide this as well as the ability to define air gaps etc.

Cheers,
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah right, I guess Cadimage is the only option here. Thanks for reminding me. Btw love your squirrel profile pic
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
You can try the add-on for 30 days if you want to see if it achieves what you are looking for. It is fairly straight forward but if you did decide to try it I would be happy to walk you through the tool on Skype as I am pretty familiar with it. Just PM me if you want to do something like that.

Cheers,
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor