BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

SketchUp Plugin

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have read on the SketchUp forum that there are some limitations or difficulties with importing a SektchUp model into ArchiCAD using the plug-in.

We got a presentation of Archicad and I saw the video on this site and it seems real easy. However reading some of the posts I am not so convinced.
5 REPLIES 5
TomWaltz
Participant
We've been using the plugin with pretty solid results. What kind of problems did they report?
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
forum.sketchup.com/showthread.php?t=61015&highlight=archicad

Above is a link to one I saw. I cannot seem to find the other.

Will the plug-in really allow you to customize the import? Allow you to assign surfaces as walls and assign components as "smart" objects in ArchiCAD?

Also, if I draw a building with wall thickness', will Archicad change both surfaces into separate walls or can you "tell it" to generate one wall out of those two surfaces? Clear as mud huah

Thanks for the help.
TomWaltz
Participant
It runs off a simple logic of

Vertical shapes = walls
Horizontal shapes = slabs
Sloped shapes = Roofs

You can set pretty details translator settings, assigning specific wall materials & types, roof thicknesses, etc, based on Sketchup layer and materials.

In the time it took me to type this, Archicad just imported a 12 MB SKP file.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a Sketch-up plug in working for AC10?
Djordje
Ace
TomWaltz wrote:
Vertical shapes = walls
Horizontal shapes = slabs
Sloped shapes = Roofs
To be precise: shapes should have no thickness, no pushing or pulling them.

This means that all the "walls" in sKetchUp should not have thickness, otherwise you end up in Archicad with four walls and two slabs, all of the properties set in the tool at the moment of import. Same for the slabs and the roofs.

So, if you overdo it in sKetchup, a lot of cleanup will be needed.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Learn and get certified!