Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

SketchUp to ArchiCAD 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there,

I've been trawling the net looking for a method to import SU models into AC14. I have found many posts that discuss it, I feel as though I am quite close to finding an answer but I need a little push in the right direction.

My problem is that when I try to open a 3DS file it responds by saying:

"Can't open 3DStudio File in this dialogue."

If someone can explain how I can resolve this problem it would be much appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
"3DS" is a 3DStudio Max file, not a SketchUp file. So jou must use menu Design > Design Extras > Import 3D Studio file (.3ds) to import it in ArchiCAD.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Andro,

I've tried the "menu Design > Design Extras > Import 3D Studio file" but when I get to the Design Extras there is no Import 3DS option. Is there an add-on for ACAD to do this?

Thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, You have to download it from the Graphisoft site.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've tried the "menu Design > Design Extras > Import 3D Studio file" but when I get to the Design Extras there is no Import 3DS option. Is there an add-on for ACAD to do this?
Hi Tim
I would also like to know if there is a Sketchup import add-on for Archicad 14?
I don't see any for AC14 on Graphisoft site!
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Tim,

You can find free add-ons by going to the Help menu in ArchiCAD. There you will find many links including one titled: "ArchiCAD XX Downloads". On this site you will find the "3D Studio In" add-on.

Fursa,

The Sketchup import add-on is called Google Earth Connections. Lucky for you it works on Windows systems but unfortunately for Mac users there is no add-on.

http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/addons/google_earth/ge_earth_connections_download.html

EDIT: Here is the info page on Google Earth Connections: http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/addons/google_earth/
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center