BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Sketchup add-in missing materials

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have received Sketchup file from PC user, but when I load into AC9, I am not getting Elements break out listing, only Components. The building comes in looking like a "model object" with everything in 1 material. Any suggestions what I should tell the Sketchup user to do so that I can work whole model with separate elements? Is he saving it incorrectly? I have tried another .skp file from my dealer that worked fine.

I'm a AC9 PC user who doesn't want to buy Sketchup
1 REPLY 1
Djordje
Ace
Lynette wrote:
I have received Sketchup file from PC user, but when I load into AC9, I am not getting Elements break out listing, only Components. The building comes in looking like a "model object" with everything in 1 material. Any suggestions what I should tell the Sketchup user to do so that I can work whole model with separate elements? Is he saving it incorrectly? I have tried another .skp file from my dealer that worked fine.

I'm a AC9 PC user who doesn't want to buy Sketchup
He did not assign any materials?

How are you importing?

Why not buy SketchUp?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Learn and get certified!