Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Sketchup import to Archicad

Dhela57
Contributor

I have a site model I want to import from SketchUp, I tried saving SketchUp file as 2017 then directly import to Archicad but the site Model doesn't show. If a different component is put in that SketchUp file it will show in Archicad but the actual site model won't show.

I tried importing the same site model to Revit and it shows, when I try exporting it as an IFC to later import to Archicad the same site model won't show, it's just empty. Another drawing will import but the site model won't show.

Please help this is for an urgent school project.

CA076AF0-530C-44D7-A84B-7F1934857B37.jpg

0A192B25-1272-4467-8590-BBB90F357C53.jpg

10 REPLIES 10
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

When you export the IFC file from SketchUp, open it in a free IFC Viewer to check if the IFC file was exported correctly.

I am wondering if there is something wrong with the site geometry in SketchUp. If there is, then maybe the geometry is not even exported into the IFC file.

You could also try to open the SketchUp file in another application that can open such files to check if that other application can import the site geometry.

These are step to figure out whether the site does not even save from SketchUp, or it is Archicad that can not import it for some reason.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27