BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Sketchup to Archicad 11 Mac

archislave
Enthusiast
Is there an exporter from Sketchup to Archicad 11 Mac?

Thanks!
Archislave

archicad 16.0 US, iMac El Capitan
7 REPLIES 7
Karl Ottenstein
No. 😞

If you have SketchUp Pro, export to 3DS and then use the 3DS Import Goodie to convert to a GDL object.

Or, do the conversion in Windows. 😞

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
does the goodie work on a mac? It doesn't seem to, or did I make the mistake of following the directions. I installed the add-on, the add-on manager shows it loaded. But the import menu is not found in the location the directions say it is? File->File special-> import 3ds. Any light on this?
Anonymous
Not applicable
FOUND IT! Why didn't the directions say it was in design->design extras

It would make more sense putting it where the directions say it is, in the import menu

oh well.
aahatimo
Newcomer
so would it be possible to do the opposite to get ac 11 model to sketchup via export 3ds?
still trying to figure out an energy modeling solution and there are a few that link to su.
thanks!
tim hanagan
aaha! design studio durango, co
27" retina 5k iMac 4ghz i7 os 10.13.6 m395x 4 mb, 32gb ram, 512 gb ssd ac 22 current
15" retina mbp 2.6ghz 1mb 16gb ac 22 current[/size]
Chazz
Enthusiast
Shae wrote:
FOUND IT! Why didn't the directions say it was in design->design extras

It would make more sense putting it where the directions say it is, in the import menu
One lovely addition in Leopard is full menu search. Very handy for learning new software or dinking around with the menu structure in AC. It even puts a little animated arrow next to the command you're hunting for. Upgrade now!!
Eureka2.png
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
rm
Expert
Chazz,

Do you know if this works on AC 12 on the Mac. I used the help menu, nothing comes up under .3ds. I can't seem to find the "goodies" folder on the install disk either.

Any ideas?
Robert Mariani
MARIANI design studio, PLLC
Architecture / Architectural Photography
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
Chazz
Enthusiast
rm wrote:
Chazz,

Do you know if this works on AC 12 on the Mac. I used the help menu, nothing comes up under .3ds. I can't seem to find the "goodies" folder on the install disk either.

Any ideas?
Menu search works on ALL apps regardless of vintage. Goodies are not on the disks but must be downloaded from GS. Look under the help menu for the direct link (this question is asked frequently and you find numerous recent references if you do a search here). Good luck.
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Learn and get certified!