Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

Some properties not visible for selection in Graphic Overrides

tonyfitz
Booster
I am trying to create a graphic override that will highlight doors that have a False result from an expression in properties however when I go to set up the rule in Graphic overrides I cannot find the property to select.
This is the property I am trying to create a rule in relation to;

This is my options within the rules settings of Graphic Overrides;

I saw on another similar thread a suggestion to check that all referenced properties are applicable to the same classification categories and have made these the same, and still hasn't fixed it. The expression itself refers to 1 other property and 1 parameter

Any ideas on what is causing this would be most appreciated.
Tony Fitzpatrick
Head of BIM
www.aw2.fi

Co-Founder / CEO
www.the bimcrowd.com
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
poco2013
Mentor
According to Graphisoft, properties that require significant calculations by Archicad are not available to the Graphic Override criteria. This is due to a performance problem. Unavailable properties will not show up in the Criteria ADD options. In expressions, if you use any of these "unavailable" properties, in any way, that expression will also not be available to GO.
Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
poco2013
Mentor
According to Graphisoft, properties that require significant calculations by Archicad are not available to the Graphic Override criteria. This is due to a performance problem. Unavailable properties will not show up in the Criteria ADD options. In expressions, if you use any of these "unavailable" properties, in any way, that expression will also not be available to GO.
Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27
tonyfitz
Booster
Thanks for that.
That does make sense. Will have a look at how heavy the calculations are and see if I can change them somehow.
Tony Fitzpatrick
Head of BIM
www.aw2.fi

Co-Founder / CEO
www.the bimcrowd.com
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
If I understand correctly, these calculation-heavy Properties are Properties that are derived from the 3D model, so in order to calculate them, Archicad would have to generate the whole 3D model with all its cuts and element connections and solid element operations, which can take a lot of time, the larger the model, the more time. So these Properties and Properties defined by Expressions with these Properties in them are not available in Graphic Override Criteria.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27