Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Speckle for Archicad is coming

leceta
Expert

this single development will have a massive impact on how we work and collaborate with Archicad. Really great news for this community!

https://speckle.community/t/Archicad-connectors/1499/12

9 REPLIES 9

Does Speckle federate all these components from diverse platforms? The online descriptions are too brief to tell.

Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1

sorry, what do you mean by "all these components"? are you asking about that particular implementation (which I have no idea about details) or about speckle workflow in general?

if everyone has a connector for their platform of choice, then do all the pieces of everyone's models show up in a federated space?

Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1

Not necessarily. When a speckle data stream is uploaded it is stored in server, with an identifier and a meaningful comment.
The actual federation would happen when a user actively downloads data streams of his choice to a particular application.

note that a "federation" in that context could mean getting one data stream uploaded from Rhino representing geometry (speckle mesh), another data stream uploaded from excel with a bunch of data (speckle dictionary), and finally downloading them in a third application joining/federating everything together (supposing that the particular implementation of "speckle for Archicad" was designed to make sense of that particular combination of geometry+dictionary, lets say that in Archicad this is converted to a slab with properties.
Each connector implementation is capable of making sense of a particular set of data types. Speckle is mainly a development platform and its full potential flourish when one is capable of adapting the tool (writing code) to its needs.

Or it could be simply that I upload two data streams from rhino representing (two) meshes (wich are stored in the speckle server not repeating the data structure of a rhino mesh, but other one, for that particular case speckle already has its own data structure to represent a "mesh") and then each one these streams is downloaded from Archicad as a morph (supposing that the connector converts "speckle meshes" to morphs.

leceta
Expert

https://speckle.systems/tutorials/getting-started-with-speckle-for-Archicad/

note is on Alpha state, current support:

leceta_0-1649861333655.png

P.S: Still not published, seems that we need to wait for the upcoming update of Speckle Manager 2.5

link doesn't appear to work.

Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1

I have amended the link.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11