Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Speed of editing within Interactive Schedules

William Gray
Contributor
Is there a method of speeding up the editing of an interactive schedule?

I have a schedule which creates a detailed specification for all new items within my building model. If I edit an object, wall, roof etc. within the interactive schedule, the schedule refreshes itself before I can move onto the next item. This can mean that it can take 20-25 seconds between each entry. Is there a way of delaying or stopping the refresh process until I want the schedule to be updated?
William Gray

Architect

Archicad 25 INT Build 4013

MacBook Pro Intel Core i7 2.9 GHz 16GB RAM

Mac OS 11.6
3 REPLIES 3
fuzzytnth3
Booster
Only thing I can suggest is what I do

I make duplicate schedules and then remove all the data fields I don't need leaving just enough to recognise what the item is for. I use multiple versions to narrow it down to just the data I want to edit.

I also restrict the schedule to only look on a particular Storey. Or to a particular Door Type.

Once I've gone through all the schedules I am then ready to Publish the complex detailed Schedule. Attached is all the Door Type Schedules and at the bottom of the list the full detailed Schedule
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
William Gray
Contributor
Thanks for the suggestion.
William Gray

Architect

Archicad 25 INT Build 4013

MacBook Pro Intel Core i7 2.9 GHz 16GB RAM

Mac OS 11.6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep, I generally run multiple filters - by level, by zone, by type, by object,... depending on the project.
Another way is to break up the file into multiple files or modules and schedule things by file.
Finally, you can export properties/ information to an external xml/ excel file and edit the information there and bring it back in.