BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Split drawing among multi layouts to unique dwg files?

Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Hi,
I have a door scehdule and I want to create a single dwg (model file) for each door. The closest I've come is with "split drawing among multi..." but I can't seem to control the names of the dwg files!? I have thought about a work around through pdf> Bluebeam>dwg... any other idea? I will test this tomorrow at work.
Cheers,
Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hej Mats,

If it was file "numbering" what you were looking for, that you can do with automatic layout IDs.

When I used the "split drawing among multiple layouts" the last time, I had a folder with customized ID and Prefixes for the items in the subset.

Then, the layouts within this folder just used the "Automatic Book and Subset ID assignment" under Layout Settings / Identification and Format.

I'm not sure if you can make the filename correspond to the contents of your drawing - for example filename "D21a" for a door with such ID, but you can get something like "001 Doors" or like in my case filenames "A-42-4-1001, -1002, ...". Or you can even get something like "Door schedule 1 out of 30" if you get a little creative.

/Martin
Learn and get certified!