BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Sructural Software for Archicad

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do you know that Revit recently was fully integrated with Risa Plan an Risa 3D. And checking I found that Ram is doing it also.

I wonder when AC is will move and have a Structural Engineering Analysis & Design Software integration.

The way we go you could not add a mansard wihout submitting a documented proof of lateral force verification.
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
Aaron,

Just forget abut Tekla:

The salesman explained "it is a 2d modeling tool" and runs also STAD on top of it. It is a mere $16,000 for an other Archicad. I understand is light years faster and in the future will do real BIM. The open GL of a much complex structure one that would bring AC to a crawl it instant plan 3d open side by side.

So tanks for the joke but lets be realistic, RISA plan 3D, footing, masonry, wood is only $5000.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Adalbert wrote:
......realistic, RISA plan 3D, footing, masonry, wood is only $5000.

Let me add,
I use Risa-3D (on virtual PC) and a new licence is $2000.00 and it does wood, concrete and steel outof box. RisaFloor (gravity only design w/ connection to Risa-3D) and RisaFoot (footing design) are their other products that I do not know if we would need a link to them.
I am on Mac, it would be exiting to see Risa-3D's connection to Mac so finally we well have a solid Foot in the ground.
Thanks,
Joseph
Maybe this begins to explain why my persistent questions to the Canadian Tekla dealer remained unanswered.

Thanks for the info. I'll keep pursuing this and report back.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Learn and get certified!