Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Stair volume get counted twice

Is there a reason why a flight of stairs gets counted twice in a Schedule, as type "Stair" and then again as type: "Structure (stair)"?
Mac OSX 13.6.4 | AC 26 INT 3001 FULL
2 REPLIES 2
Ghaleb Khadra
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Achille wrote:
Is there a reason why a flight of stairs gets counted twice in a Schedule, as type "Stair" and then again as type: "Structure (stair)"?

Στιγμιότυπο 2019-11-08, 12.11.33 μμ.png
Hello Achille,

This is indeed a strange one. I would love to help out on this one however, I will also need your help on the matter if you don't mind.

Would you please describe exactly the steps you take to produce this issue.
Are you facing this issue on ARCHICAD 21 or on a newer ARCHICAD version?
If you could provide me with the file you are experiencing this issue on via PM, then we can investigate this at length.

I hope to hear back from you soon.
Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Ghaleb
Ghaleb Khadra
BIM Expert
GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com
Ghaleb Khadra
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi Achille,

After checking the schedule's scheme, I realized why you are experiencing this. This is actually by design. The feature is intended to work this way, so that the user can have full control over hierarchical elements. For example, Stairs have sub-elements (Flights, Landings, Treads, Risers - Structure & Finishing respectively). If in the Criteria, the scheme does not exclude sub-elements, then everything will show by default. First the entire element(s) (in this case, Stairs) and then the sub-elements of the stairs (Structure, Treads...etc.)

In order to achieve the result you are after, add into the criteria exclusion rules for the sub-elements.
For example, "Element Type is not Structure"

I attached a screenshot of a simple example. I hope that helps.

I hope you find this answer helpful and that it clarified things for you.

Please keep posting and stay active on the forums! We really appreciate it!

I wish you a great day!

Kind regards,
Ghaleb
Ghaleb Khadra
BIM Expert
GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com