BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Starting Point

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been using ArchiCad 10 for about 2 weeks. I am in process of learning the program inside and out for my office, granted I have never used the program before, and i have only 4 weeks to do so.
Anyways...
I am trying to set up some sort of Bill of Material and schedules. I would like to get an idea of where and how to start. Are there any good, in-depth tutorials? The AC10 - Guide is little or no help.
I have some complex profiles, composite walls, and various walls/slabs that make up continuous pours. How do I make sure these are linked or referenced as the correct material and quantity?
Thank you!!!
-matt
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Start with the Interactive Scheduler. It is the easiest way to get into schedules and quantities. The other methods with properties and list templates are MUCH more complicated.

The bad news is that complex profiles will not generate volume calcs for concrete (unless I'm missing something).
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am, also, having a problem with the Interactive Scheduler. I keep getting "Brick - Flemming Bond" as a material for one of my Complex Profiles. Yet, when I go to edit that complex profile I cannot find any mention of "Brick - Flemming Bond" in the Fill, Material, Model, etc. Any thoughts?
Thanks again.
TomWaltz
Participant
Inside and out in 4 weeks by yourself? Ouch...
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Definitelly can do it, it is addictive. It would be wise though to start simple and then get into complex profiles.
Learn and get certified!