Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Still cant edit items in Schedule

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all, (I'm using Archicad 23)

I've googled this extensively, and read a dozen posts on this forum about how you have to unlock and un-hide all the layers that walls might be on so that the schedule becomes editable. I'm still missing a crucial piece of information.

I've created a window schedule, with a few extra Custom Text Fields. I can't edit the values in the Custom Text Fields.

I've turned all the layers on in the plan view, the schedule editing window, and the layout that the schedule is in ... to no avail. All layers are unlocked.
I've done a 'select all' (with all the layers turned on in plan view) and done 'unlock all' .... still can't edit the schedule.
The little green square and green cube (in the schedule editing window) are not greyed out. And I'm not

I'm at my wits end here ... I know I'm missing something but I can't put my finger on it. Can anyone help?
9 REPLIES 9
DGSketcher
Legend
I always have a layer combination saved "All On & Unlocked". When you save your schedule view, you need to open the view settings and change the layer combination to your version of "All On & Unlocked". Close the settings and rebuild the schedule. Hopefully that fixes it, if it doesn't you may have other issues like locked elements, hot linking or even teamwork to address.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tanks for your reply DGSketcher. I had actually done exactly what you suggest ... created a layer combo with everything on and unlocked. And this view is applied to the "Modified Source View Settings" of the schedule view that has been placed on the layout. My custom fields are *still* uneditable.

There is no hot linking, and there is no teamwork action.

Do you know if 'grouped' walls are considered locked?

Is there a way to 'unlock everything' on every story?
Anonymous
Not applicable
To further diagnose my problem, I created a window schedule that just has 1 window in it (I created it by making a rule: elementID is "W01").

I still cannot edit the custom text (nor the window ID). But at least now I can diagnose the problem. The wall the window is in is not locked. There are no hotlinks.

Can someone suggest something else that I can check?

Edel
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Could you post some screenshots?
Like a screenshot of the Floor Plan, and another one about the generated Schedule, with the uneditable cell selected?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Edel,

Thank you very much for the question!

I tried to replicate this issue using the default template for Archicad 24 INT 4018. Unfortunately, I was unable to reproduce it, the custom property can be edited in schedule. Could you share with us some screenshots of the custom property set up and the schedule? It would be great if we can take a long at your sample file also!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Apologies for the delayed reply ...

I had to solve the issue quickly so I ended up creating custom properties in the window classification ... so that I could allocate property values within the window tool, and no longer needed to edit properties directly in the window schedule.

Ironically, I've noticed that I can now change the Element ID directly within the schedule. No idea what happened ... nor how it was undone ...
P_Arcke
Participant

SOLVED: I think I had this exact issue with no 'fix". The solution was to literally just zoom in. Above a certain percentage some fields aren't able to be edited. Go figure. What I'd really like to see adjusted is the ability to edit fields if they aren't currently active (ie: change the material of a sill even if it's unactive because there's one shown by default and I want to change them all to be a material listed as "---" when not in use)

Riven
Participant

RELATED SOLUTION: I had a similar issue with custom (basic string data type) properties that once were editable (working) in a schedule, but were later no longer editable directly in the schedule. After confirming all layers were visible, and unlocked, and that the properties could be edited on the elements themselves, I needed to completely re-assign those properties to that schedule since I had recently changed the name of the affected properties themselves in the property manager. 

After simply removing the properties from the schedule through the scheme settings, clicking OK to confirm those changes, and then re-adding the exact same properties in the schedule's scheme settings resolved this issue for me. Funnily enough, other similar but different schedules in the same project file referencing the same properties did not have this issue, which led me to think something was off about that particular schedule. Hope this helps inform the developers somewhat. 

ArchiCAD v25; Windows 10, solo .pln file accessed over a LAN network. 

Eric Lançon, AIA
Pi Architects
Austin Texas, USA

You'll never guess the solution: TURN ON ALL LAYERS

This makes no sense at alll