Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Storymatching Hotlinks

Kamelite
Enthusiast

New day, new question!

This is the case - I have a model, with a separat wing linked in as a hotlinked module.  I deleted a story in the module, and the entire wing dropped a whole story when updated in the host file, when it was supposed to stay at the same height. 

Is it possible to change the storymatching using Hotlink manager?

Kamelite_0-1669023821845.png

As far as I can see, the only solution is to delete the module, then relink with new and correct storymatch?

.Kamelite

Windows 10, Archicad 27
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly

The storey match is only to match one storey to the current storey in your main file, so the module is placed at the correct position (height).

It does not match all storeys.

The storeys of the module and the main file can be completely different.

You have the choice when inserting the module if you want to keep the module storey heights as they are or convert them to match the main module.

If you require a storey by storey match, you need to bring in individual storey modules, rather than one module with all storeys.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

The story height in the host and hotlink match, but I need to change the matching floor, say I initially made the floor match, 1 story to 1 story and so on. Is it possible to adjust, without unloading the hotlink and relink again, to change, say, first floor to level up with second floor in the hotlink?

.Kamelite

Windows 10, Archicad 27

The linking is only for when you place the hotlink.

I don't think you can adjust this once it has been placed.

I see nothing in the hotlink selection settings.

However, once in the main file you should be able to select it and simply move it up or down to the position (height) you require.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

I can. But the result is weird. 

Kamelite_0-1669040391063.png

The two zones marked by red arrows shows up in the same plan view.

But when I selct them in 3d, they are on different floors.

Kamelite_1-1669040501071.png

The zone marked with the green arrove is within a section that is manually lifted one story.....

.Kamelite

Windows 10, Archicad 27