BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Structural slab level vs archicad stories

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I have a client working with a projet on Archicad with lots of slabs between floors: mezzanines, or just the base for an escalator, etc. The engineer wants each slab as a level or storey. Is there a way that I can tell the IFC that Levels should me created by the level of the slabs? Meaning can I tell the IFC file that Level 0.0 is the ground floor and an element place at 1.5m is some other floor etc?

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
stefan
Expert
Every "storey" inside ARCHICAD becomes an IfcBuildingStorey. I don't think you can avoid this in the IFC Manager as that mapping is not user editable in ARCHICAD.

Levels in Revit have a "buildingstorey" property which you can toggle as Revit users use much more levels than just the building storeys.
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you. I still believe there must be some sort of workaround... The demand the customer poses is quite legit... Engineers want all slabs to be defined on different levels (storeys)... and architects normally don't have storyes for each slab altitude. But again, thank you very much.
Learn and get certified!