Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

TW2

Tell me about TW2.

How is it different than logging into a server with a program like Adobe Acrobat Connect Pro or similar?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

29 REPLIES 29
Rakela Raul
Participant
i was talking with bentley users and i understood that ProjectWise is not free......(number one) and it is more than a share-design file, it is a file-manager: words, etc files are managed from there....they were very happy.....But now, they were collaborating with another company and using a different 'file manager'...if i dont recall well, 'sharepoint' or something like that....and they were unhappy because they have to download and upload files,,,unlike ProjectWise...if anyone has specifics questions about PWise, let me know...(I dont know anything but I have people who uses it).
THis thing is getting kind of popular, good to know !!
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Anonymous
Not applicable
Stuart wrote:
Thanks Karl and Erika, sounds like we should be fine.

One more question:

We like to study lots of options throughout the design process. One way we do this in AC12 is to save Teamwork draft files for each of the options, and then send changes back to the .plp when a direction is chosen.

Does TW2 allow this, or something similar?
I'm also curious if the new TM allows this - I had experimented with the process before but found it a more complicated that ideal. Maybe the new scheme makes it easier? Or impossible?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Steve wrote:
Can you imagine what Vico's Constructor could do with TW2?
Absolutely nothing, because that modeler is being discontinued.

VICO Office works with ArchiCAD (and other) models, so yes, people in the construction companies are VERY excited with TW2.
Krippahl wrote:
Steve wrote:
Can you imagine what Vico's Constructor could do with TW2?
Absolutely nothing, because that modeler is being discontinued.

VICO Office works with ArchiCAD (and other) models, so yes, people in the construction companies are VERY excited with TW2.

What do you mean the modeler is bing discontinued?
The modeler in Constructor is ArchiCAD isn't it?

Shot at 2009-09-05

Now that they want to be "BIM Neutral", does that mean we can buy there add-ons individually to use with ArchiCAD now?
I would like to know more about their Takeoff Manager.

BIM Neutral just means that is uses IFC compatible parts right?

If you want to do that with ArchiCAD or any other program you can.

Time to learn about Solibri.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Steve wrote:
What do you mean the modeler is bing discontinued?
The modeler in Constructor is ArchiCAD isn't it?
The new VICO suite (VICO Office) does not include a modeler.

It works with 3 modelers so far, ArchiCAD, Revit and Tekla.

It does not handle IFC, AFAIK.

There is still the old 2008 suite around, but it will be discontinued as soon as VICO Office is complete.
http://www.vicosoftware.com/products/Vico-Office/tabid/85286/Default.aspx
So does that mean the price will go down by $5000 ?

Will we be able to buy the various modules separately to use with the modeler of our choice?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don´t know about the price, but yes, you can buy just a couple of modules, like Office Client and Takeoff Manager, to extract quantities from your ArchiCAD model and generate construction quantities.

I recomend the VICO Office movies:
http://www.vicosoftware.com/Home/Vico-Demo-Movies/tabid/50759/Default.aspx
WOW. This is great news

Anonymous
Not applicable
Steve wrote:
WOW. This is great news
Sure is
And if you think about ArchiCAD new teamwork ability, you can easily imagine a team of 10 or 12 building a very big construction model in a very short time period.
Karl Ottenstein
Chris wrote:
Stuart wrote:
We like to study lots of options throughout the design process. One way we do this in AC12 is to save Teamwork draft files for each of the options, and then send changes back to the .plp when a direction is chosen.

Does TW2 allow this, or something similar?
I'm also curious if the new TM allows this - I had experimented with the process before but found it a more complicated that ideal. Maybe the new scheme makes it easier? Or impossible?
I'm not aware of anything new to help with design alternatives.

But, the old method of saving multiple drafts does not work with the new TeamWork, as there is no concept of a draft any longer.

Instead, the Mark-Up palette can be used to manage design alternatives (as now - described in some threads here). Changing the visibility of markup entries would make the various alternatives visible. (It is sort of like the way a master layer makes a hotlink visible/invisible, in case you are more familiar with hotlinks than with mark-up.)

Elements belonging to a mark-up entry, too, can be assigned to and reserved by team members. Just as today, the 'accepted' alternative can then have its elements removed from the mark-up group and made normal elements (which would then render normally, etc). But, the alternatives can still stay in the file, as someone might change their mind at the last minute!

This is actually a better approach than drafts IMHO because then the design director, partner or whoever can review the alternatives ... and alternatives can be submitted by any number of team members.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB