Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Tabulating Floor Sq Ft. from Zones or Fills

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am looking to Automate my Square Footage take-offs that are listed on the plan.

I have figured out a way to show the Zone area in a Table (by dragging the Zone Text into the pre-defined table), but this does not give an Automated Total.

What are others doing to "report" Living Area square footages?
22 REPLIES 22
TomWaltz
Participant
The Interactive Scheduler will let you do totals/subtotals.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, but are you using it.........
Aussie John
Newcomer
Jay wrote:
Yes, but are you using it.........
yes good for quick totals on many items including wall surfaces, wall lengths, zone and fill area all totaled and subgrouped by the ID
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
So with little effort I can get the Interactive Scheduler (IS) to report my Living area like the previously attached Table. To report the area with the proper name what element is best to use for this area; Slab, Fill, or Zone?

Most of what I read about the implementation of the Interactive Scheduler is troublesome. It seems that most are saying, "Yeah, the Interactive Scheduler can do that...." But I am not really hearing that people are actually using it this way.

Jay
Aussie John
Newcomer
it might not be exactly as you like but yes the scheduler will give you areas based on the ID - if more than one element has the same id you can set it up to get a sub total
Cheers John
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jay wrote:
Most of what I read about the implementation of the Interactive Scheduler is troublesome. It seems that most are saying, "Yeah, the Interactive Scheduler can do that...." But I am not really hearing that people are actually using it this way.

Jay
We are using the interactive schedule and I am generally happy with the results. Our door and window schedules come straight out of the schedule and we are workings on a electrical legend. It certainly could have a better interface for setting it up, and sometimes I would like some additional control, but I like it better than my old alternative - export to excel and create a spread sheet.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Aussie wrote:
it might not be exactly as you like but yes the scheduler will give you areas based on the ID - if more than one element has the same id you can set it up to get a sub total
Aussie John,
It sounds like you have this taped.
How can I get the Schedule to total the "Gross surface of the slab top" field?

Thanks Greg.
Aussie John
Newcomer
Anchor1 wrote:
Aussie wrote:
Aussie John,
It sounds like you have this taped.
How can I get the Schedule to total the "Gross surface of the slab top" field?

Thanks Greg.
click on the settings tab. Click the little square next to the GFA parameter to show the sum symbol. Hope that is descriptive enough.
Cheers John
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
Aussie wrote:

click on the settings tab. Click the little square next to the GFA parameter to show the sum symbol. Hope that is descriptive enough.
Thanks Aussie John,

I got it to Sum.
Floor Area Total SUM.png