Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Tabulating Floor Sq Ft. from Zones or Fills

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am looking to Automate my Square Footage take-offs that are listed on the plan.

I have figured out a way to show the Zone area in a Table (by dragging the Zone Text into the pre-defined table), but this does not give an Automated Total.

What are others doing to "report" Living Area square footages?
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anchor1 wrote:
Aussie wrote:
click on the settings tab. Click the little square next to the GFA parameter to show the sum symbol. Hope that is descriptive enough.
Thanks Aussie John,
I got it to Sum.
In case others are interested:
The little square "field" next to the GFA parameter only becomes visible once the "Schedule Field" item is selected. In my case it is the "Gross surface of the slab top" item.

see the attached pic.

Thanks Greg.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Would some one please point me to a thread or explain how best to
get the Interactive Scheduler to do the foll:

Total Floor area for example:

First Floor 1000 SF
Second Floor 2000 SF
Third Floor 3000 SF
---------------------------
Total Floor area 6000 SF

At the moment I can get the Floor areas from the individual Slab quantities
in the Interactive Scheduler, but the total is for all slabs on all floors.

I would like it to have automatic updating if the slabs are edited etc.

Thanks Greg.
Aussie John
Newcomer
In the settings (see the previous post image) add an additional parameter (general) of "storey". Once storey is in your list click adjacent to it (in the relative position of the Sigma sign) to get a little flag. Now your areas will be grouped by Storey.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
Aussie wrote:
In the settings (see the previous post image) add an additional parameter (general) of "storey". Once storey is in your list click adjacent to it (in the relative position of the Sigma sign) to get a little flag. Now your areas will be grouped by Storey.
Thanks Aussie John, that works great.
Greg.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jay wrote:
I am looking to Automate my Square Footage take-offs that are listed on the plan.
I have figured out a way to show the Zone area in a Table (by dragging the Zone Text into the pre-defined table), but this does not give an Automated Total.
Jay,

Thanks for responding to my message. With all the help I received, I finally figured out how to make the floor area schedule with totals etc., using Zones.
I am interested in the format of your original posted Schedule. How did you do that? Is your attached pic schedule interactive? How do you set it up to look like that with the numbers justified and pencil lines?

Thanks Greg.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The attached image in the original post was a NON-automated "dead" text schedule. The numbers were entered in manually.

The attached image in this post is of an Automated (being based on zones the zones must be updated if changed.) Element Schedule placed on a layout. This is the current schedule that I am using.
Zone Schedule.JPG
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is another example of the Schedule. The zones for this example are using the three different zones that I usually use; Heated Space, Non-Heated Space & Decks.)

This post will contain the Screen shot of the Zones.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is the Element Schedule
CSE Footage Schedule.JPG
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is the Scheme Settings
CSE Scheme Settings.JPG
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is the Schedule placed on a Layout