Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Talking to my Quantity surveyor

wilson83
Contributor
Just wondering if anyone can give me some advise as to how to start coordinating my archiCAD model with information received from our Quantity surveyor? My current situation is that we have a spread sheet with a schedule of costing provided by our QS. This information is then used for funding applications etc . If I was to the add this information to archiCAD, It would take hours to input and have to systematically save it off for later use. I will also have to check it each time to make sure the data is still current.

A. Is there a simple way to do this or do I just need get stuck in and number crunch,
B. Are there QS software programs the can export this information,
C. Can any one point me in the direction of further information- im sure its out there somewhere.
Michael Wilson

ArchiCAD 9 - 22 (6021 AUS Full)
Win7 | 64 bit | 8Gb RAM | Intel i7 3.40 Ghz
1 REPLY 1
Perhaps the most useful link between ArchiCAD and what ever data your QS is managing is Excel.

ArchiCAD schedules can be exported to Excel and from there you can do almost anything with that data.

You may also find the ArchiCAD Calculation Guide useful.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25