Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Team work crash

Anonymous
Not applicable
Need a solution, my partner is in another city and when he stays logged to the server over night his computer says he is on line but he cannot send and receive. Then if he logs off he cannot get back on that drawing ever. There has to be a file written on his machine somewhere that has to be erased so he can get back on. Anyone have any suggestions?
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein
Static IP address to access the server from the remote location? or VPN?

So much data / info is needed to diagnose ... have you contacted tech support, Gary?

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
He did, and I got it fixed for him. . .at least until our peer at the other location finds another creative way to break the teamwork file he's working on. . .

The main problem that were were having is that our peer's machine decides to drop his connection to our BiM every now and then. . . mix that with the fact that he sometimes neglects to see that he is 'online' while working on a shared project, and then fun ensues! I managed to fix the issue by deleting the missing libraries from the project on the pc in question, then manually add and reload the libraries from our BIM. . .viola, problem solved.

Other than that, our BiM is running on it's own dedicated Windows 7 server (on site with us) with a static IP. I have a laptop that I usually work off of, and I have been on from several locations (we also have a few other peers that have not had any trouble either) without any trouble at all.

Again, at this point, I gave this particular peer access to the libraries on the BiM (so that he can add/remove them from his workstation when the issue arises). . .which scares the hell out of me! If anyone has seen this and has a better fix, please let me know. I'd rather keep this particular peer as limited as possible.